Has anyone used the mr central heating site before?

Sponsored Links
depends what your after,rads are dp single convector,decent prices on boilers except for worcester

Fair enough, Im just after a boiler and radiators for a 2 bed flat,

Thought about a Glow worm, on the site is shows singles and doubles for the radiators, and the outputs they show are meeting what i want so...i guess will do. I dont like the look of a fat radiator anyhoo. :confused:
Anyone know what the service from the site is like? :?:

Sponsored Links
More relevant is what registered installer will fit the boiler!

And what his feelings are about the model you have chosen without consulting a trade expert.

Tony

I think you'll find he is fitting it himself.

and in a few years, he will be back on here asking why his new boiler is not working and how the gas safe guy that he phoned to come and fix it is robbing him because he condemned the lot on sight for being unsafe.

the boiler is completely buggered after 5 years from the dirty system and the bloke complains that modem boilers are not as reliable as the old ones... gets another new one and the cycle starts again....

I feel like lifting my cat up in the air and playing the 'circle of life' by Elton John :LOL:

Is Mehran and Mehran2 a father and son firm?

Which is younger?

go find you own thread to make assumptions on kids......

My GAs safe installer recommended this company to me, i only asked on here as he hadn't used the new order online service from them.

I came looking for reasoned adults to chair experience’s!

The system will be new...from scratch, no old crap to float in the system, and will be cleansed and purged.

It will also have a TF1 filter on it to purge any magnetites from it ongoing. and will be serviced.

Get informed gents.... never assume you are the only billy big b***ocks on the site.

So your RGI gets less trade discount than a punter on the net? We have smelled the coffee mate. No need to get upset cuz ya bin rumbled. :rolleyes:

Bit on the way in, bit on the way out eh? ;) Too good for too long springs to mind.:eek:
Im afraid its called a free market, people should be able to choose there own products that they are buying. Not everyone needs, or wants to be told what they should have based on the experience’s of the individual fitting it. if someone comes to you with no idea what they want or need, fair play, the installer should step up to the plate, offer advise and charge a premium to install. After all it’s now his neck on the line, his time spent calculating, talking to suppliers, arranging deliveries,calling technical help desks etc if the product fails. (worth a premium)

If the person wants to put the time in, find out what he needs, finds a competetive price to buy it research’s with family and friends on what they have and how reliable it’s been, then they deserve to make a saving :cool: after all, they have saved the installer the time of chasing round ordering it, saved him laying out the money up front to a supplier, made sure the materials are there ready for him to turn up and work his magic, will make any calls to the manufacturer if it fails.

And Im sure you know, as well as all the other installers, and as well as my installer has told me...I’m paying slightly over his standard labour charge that would be worked in his supply and fit price.

I suppose I just picked a good time to get the work done, i phoned 5 local Registered Gas safety installers for a price, 3 of them came out same day to price, the other 2 the next day. All of them offered to do it the same week they quoted in. The last time i did this 4 years ago in my last property......4 weeks I waited to find an installer that could fit me in. times are changing my friend...People haven't got the money to let other people decide what they will spend it on.
And I don't get upset about these things.....I take advantage of them and move on.

The economy has failed, and things change. But I’m sure this goverment will fix things and soon Plumbers and gas installers will be in the premiership of the tradesman leagues again. :eek:

You are perfectly right mate. Life is getting tougher and we all need to stretch our pound notes. BTW what sort of prices were you quoted? Did you do the powerflush yourself? You can hire the gear to do it.

The flat has no heating at all, complete new install from pipe to boilers to radiators valves, everything. Doesn't need power-flushing. But will have a system cleanser run through it to clear all the install bits and bobs (as was described to me) out prior to boiler being connected. I am avoiding the designer type rads my misses would so much love coz I’m told they will turn my system to sludge within weeks (there you go, I do listen to my installer) The prices I was quoted varied wildly! Original prices from £2.5k up to £4.6k!! but that was 4.6 supply and fit. I’m paying £1550 for materials (Copper ouch!) so the top price £3050 labour only! The flat is empty at present, i have take all flooring up.....even the Ba**ard chipboard ones so he has a clear run at it. I am paying £1500 and that includes him coming back 2 weeks after to empty the TF1 and check the system clean. i thought was very fair. I did have one offer to do it for £150 less....after i told him he didn't get it, and to try and snatch it, Told him he had his chance! I’m not that hard nosed!

Bit on the way in, bit on the way out eh? ;) Too good for too long springs to mind.:eek:
Im afraid its called a free market, The economy has failed, and things change. But I’m sure this goverment will fix things and soon Plumbers and gas installers will be in the premiership of the tradesman leagues again. :eek:
Spoken like a true landlord - hope you get some good tenants in the flat :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back