Glowworm Hideaway boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This CH boiler fires up OK, but when has reached temperature and main burners cut-out, the pilot flame also goes out. When cooled a bit, can re-light the pilot flame. I noticed, the pilot flame is a bit yellow, not I think as it should be. Could this pilot jet perhaps just need a clean, as it seems it is only just heating the thermocouple enough? Any advice appreciated, thank you.

Sponsored Links
45yearsagasman, thankyou for reply. I shall certainly call the local Gas-safe fitter, no way I do gas. I was trying to work out what the fault may be, if it was repairable, really.

Gas fitter came and serviced boiler Monday, OK now. but he said it would probably need replacing within 2 or 3 years.
This boiler is in kitchen, with insufficient outside wall space for a wall-hung balanced-flue boiler, and there are rooms on both sides. There is little outside wall-space anywhere, due to large windows, and a covered walkway down side of house. Is it possible to still instal a replacement floor-standing boiler, using the existing chimney flue? The gas-fitter himself implied I could have difficulty in finding space for a wall-hung boiler, and did not really suggest any solutions. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Hello again, does nobody have any advice they could offer me here please? I would not think that I can be unique in having this problem! As earlier, any advice would be much appreciated, thank you.

AlanE, yes I did think of that, but didnt know if it was acceptable. This would mean pressurised system, with no header tank, I presume. Do I understand, that conventional, vented-system floor-standing boilers with chimney flue are not acceptable under current regs? Although fitter didnt actually say this, it seemed to be his view.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back