three light loop system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im trying to wire my lights up there is three cables all with 1 red 1 black and 1 earth wot wires go together for system to work

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
feed in, feed out, switched perm, switched live. you need to test which one goes to you switch.

thanks 2 u 2 yeah my wife i have broken leg so i cant climb lol i have multimeter i will try this

Yes.

Because you have disconnected the neutrals the disipated power has nowhere to go.

Be very careful working in this way.

Remember the black switch live should only become live when the switch is on.

Work safely.

You should be testing with all the power completely off.

Test to make sure.

Then do a continuity test on each cable.

If you test between black and red, you will get continuity on the switch cable when the switch is on. Then you will get no continuity between red and black when the switch is turned off.

fair enough, its not particularly great grammar, but B-A-S, you are one condescending ar5ehole sometimes.

ELZ4742 - we have one of the finest, most expressive and most comprehensive languages in the world.

It is the language of some of the greatest writers and thinkers ever known.

For it to be debased by people writing "wot" instead of "what", and "u" instead of "you" and "2" instead of "to" because they simply cannot be bothered to do it properly is completely unacceptable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back