Problem with Ideal Isar HE24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I wonder if anyone can help me. The problem that I am having is that the central heating does not seem to be working anymore. I do not have any error messgaes flashing on the display. I only have a "d" and a falshing burner sign. "c" does not come up (only when switching the boiler on it comes up for few seconds).
I have hot water no problem - issue seems to be affecting the central heating only. I checked the programmer and the thermostat and they seem to be working - I can change the heating modes no problem on the programmer. Theres is a normal clicking sound when changing the heating on from off but unfortunately burner does not fire up. Thermostat is set to maximum and the programmer is set to always on. Is there anyhting else I can check?

Sponsored Links
HI

common fault on these boilers.diverter valve head becoming jammed.but better to carry out other checks first .

thanks for your replies - started working after I increased the pressure to 1,5 bar and switched it off and on couple of times.
:)

Sponsored Links
its a common problem on these and its probably due to the boiler being so sensitive to hot water passing through.
Countless times i came to council properties who called me out on the basis of no hot water but there was always a tap with a slight drip.
basicly if D's displayed id check all the hot taps

Ray

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back