Trianco Boiler working, radiators cold , no hot water.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Trianco boiler which is working, but all radiators are cold and no hot water from tap.
I have bled the radiators, but with no success.
The boiler is making gurgling noises.
Dont know how to check water pressure.
Header tank full.
Please can someone advise me what to do. If there is an air lock, how do I sort it out?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You don't say whether your trianco is OIL or GAS fired, is a conventional boiler or Combi - Model Number would be usefull

But from your post it sounds like you may have a sealed system that need refilling, you will need to find the silver braided filling loop- usually near to the boiler, sometimes under the kitchen sink if in same room as boiler?? there should be a pressure guage the black pointer should be at or just above 1 Bar.

However if you have water tanks in the attic, the boiler F&E tank (The Small one) may have a stuck Ball Valve -no water in tank, so you would have to "wiggle" the arm up & down untill it releases.

Please post back more info if you need a more specific answer to your post!! ;)

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I have an oil-fired Trianco Eurostar boiler. The tanks in the loft are both full. I cant see the filling loop anywhere, but the black dial seems to be on 2.

I had some work done on the house recently, which involved emptying the system and draining rads etc. The plumber at the time said there seemed to be a blockage somewhere, but implied that he had sorted it.
After that the system started making strange water-trickling noises, so i bled the rads to see if that helped. The water supply was bad over Xmas, my neighbours had no water at all, so I pressumed the problem might be linked to that.
Since then the problems have got worse, the plumber isnt offering any further help, and I seem to have air instead of water circulating in the rads!!

Thank you for your time, I hope this gives you more clues!?

if both tanks are full and you still have a gurgling, kettling noise then I would of thought the feed from the smaller of the 2 tanks in your attic is blocked somewhere, possibly by the isolator if there is one.

Sponsored Links
As this will probably involve cutting into pipes you may need a plumber with adequate experience.

I am surprised your plumber does not know what to do or is it just that he expects his work on it not to be paid for?

Tony

Hang on - both loft tanks full, can't see a filling loop? :confused: Presumably the black dial on 2 is the boiler stat?
As said, the feed to the system from the smaller tank has failed - maybe to debris in the bottom of the tank or blocked pipework.
John :)

Hi Tony,

The plumber has had £160 of my money already, so I dont want to pay him any more. I think when he said that there was a blockage he probably didnt really sort it out fully.
If I cant see the filling loop under the sink, is there anywhere else it might be?

Helen.

Thanks for all suggestions and advice!

I think that debris in the tank sounds likely, I have had the loft insulated lately so perhaps that caused the problem.
What is an isolator and where do I find it??

All you can do is to identify the small tank and follow the pipework from the bottom of it as far as you can. It will eventually reach the central heating system. An isolator can be in the form of a stop cock, gate valve or other device that stops the water flow.
If you can reach into the tank, you may be able to feel the outlet....it could be gungy in there!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back