kitchenaide dishwasher not starting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I love my dishwasher. I have had it for 10 years. It has been acting up recently though. Yesterday it ran continuously, through at least two full cycles before I stopeed it. but today when I tried to run it, the water starts, then stops in about 10 seconds and a constant humming noise is heard. I really don't know if it is even worth paying to fix it after 10 years. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
10 years, you've done well. Here in the UK you would be lucky to find parts for a machine this old, assuming you can find someone old enough to have the knowledge to be able to diagnose it. In the last 10 years technology has moved a long way even on such basic domestic items. With a new machine you will find they are cheaper, wash better, are quieter, use less water, use less detergent, use less electricity, etc, etc. Why pay out a relatively disproportionate amount of money to stay in the past, and wait for the next worn out part to fail ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back