BIASA 24SE Boiler cutting out problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a BIASA 24SE problem. The boiler was already fitted in the house when I moved in a couple of months ago. It is on LPG Bottles at the moment but I am having Mains gas fitted soon so will probably have it re-jetted, however it has a fault where it will sometimes not come on and requires mnually resetting. It has slowly got worse and now it seems it will cut out when a hot tap is switched on.
I read a previous post where someone had the same problem, but Tony's reply was never posted.
Can anyone tell me what this might be?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I have just been reading the manual and I think it sounds as though the ignition needs adjustment. Can anyone confirm this?

I read a previous post where someone had the same problem, but Tony's reply was never posted.

Can anyone tell me what this might be?

Thanks.

Perhaps I had not noticed the posting?

Its just as well your boiler was already fitted when you moved in as they have not been made since 2002!

You dont make it clear how the lack of firing up manifests itself. Does the red light come on?

Regardless, it will be a gas/combustion fault and so you will need a competent boiler engineer who can work on LPG.

Also converting to nat gas will need the gas valve resetting and also needs to be done by a registered engineer.

If you dont have nat gas jets contact me by email.

Tony

I fitted and converted a lot of these boilers in the late nineties and it is pretty straigtforward.
Does your boiler work ok on central heating ?
If so i would check D.H.W temp probe first .

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies guys. Ok let me give you an example. The boiler was set for timed when I went to bed last night. I got up this morning about 15 minutes after it was supposed to fir up and the red light was on, after pressing the reset about 5 times the boiler fired up. When I got home tonight the red light had come on again, following the time for it to turn on again. I pressed the button several times and it then fired up ok, and the heating kicked in fine, however sometimes when a hot tap is turned on the boiler will cut out again. Once running the heating it appears to be ok until a demand is put on it then it cuts out again. any ideas?

Upsate to my boiler problem which is getting steadily worse. I have a boiler and heating insurance called Home call who I contacted. They finally sent an engineer today who turned the boiler off and took an hour to fire it up again. After various tests he diagnosed a faulty PCB board. He got prices for parts, around £500 + labour. The insurance company have now told me that repair on the boiler is not economically viable and will not cover me. What a rip off! They are quite happy too take my money and even repair the boiler previously but when the bill is a little bit too high they dig their heels in. I have since read their terms and conditions and complained as I can find nothing in there to warrant their position. Waiting for a call back tomorrow.

They are trying to rip you off!

I suppose the engineer gave you a private quote for a new boiler.

Put it this way, I could fix your boiler for £200 plus travelling costs!

Tony

Strangely enough the plumber guy who came said he would be too busy to do a boiler change even if it was covered.
The problem is continuing. We tend to leave the CH on all the time cause it wont come on timed and cant use the hot water cause it will cut it out.
The boiler insurance people are still arguing the toss. now saying that if it hasnt been serviced within the last 2 years its not covered. I only moved in 3 months ago and the place was stripped bare when we bought it so no chance of paperwork for anything. This never bothered them when the part bieng replaced was £30. They also said that they have spent enough on it already, strange for an insurance company. Whats the point of paying for cover if it aint worth the paper its written on.
At least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask!

this could simply be the float in the condensate trap sticking vus leading to it cutting out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back