Click Clack Bath Waste - WONT CLICK ... spare parts?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

It would be great if someone could give me some advice. This past week I cant 'click clack' the waste in the bath... I have unscrewed the top plug and the mechanism below that should click up and down into place doesn't do that anymore... it pushes up and down but wont 'click'.

Can you get a spare mechanism part? It looks like it has a screw - although god knows how you can get into that tight space to unscrew...

I don't want to have to get a plumber in to replace whole thing - my bathroom is so small and awkwardly situated they end up having to take out toilet to get in under bath and it costs me quite a bit in labour.

Any help out there? My dad is coming over later so if you have any advice re: spare parts I can get him to hep me fix.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Just seen your post so this is a rather late reply.

I have the same problem at the moment and have discovered that the part that is causing the plug not to 'click' is called Clicker Waste Mechanism and can be purchased online. The cheapest I have found so far is £2.99, haven't found any on Ebay.

If you unscream the crome plug you should be able to raise the centre of the mechanism to be able to get a spanner on it. A size 10 fitted mine. I have taken the plug unit out of the sink before I discovered this.

I'm just about to order my spare.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Martin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back