fire alarm activated, don't know why?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Have a fire alarm problem, fire alarm goes off falsely but the panel shows no faults.
I checked all break glasses and all the detectors are not showing red lights as they would do in the area which caused the alarm.

Anyone got an idea whats wrong and why it doesn't show up and how to find the cause of the problem?

Sponsored Links
can you give me some info on the panel make, the detector make and ages.

this would help diagnose the fault

can you give me some info on the panel make, the detector make and ages.

this would help diagnose the fault
I would need to check out all those details.
I know most of the detectors are menvier , I will update this later on.

Thanks in the mean time

I was thinking of replacing a detector at a time with one that works to see what happens, there only are about 7 detectors.

If you have absolutely no alarm or fault indications, I would guess its an internal fault on the control panel.

Sponsored Links
also it does depend on the age of the kit,
some panel JSB(older style menvier) do sometimes generate spurious fire indications,

sometimes this is down to back up batteries and or main born interference

we usually change the panel out for a newer type (depending on age)
and also change all the detection devices (smokes) for apollo S65 series, these we have found to be very reliable and easy to wire, (even for electrical contractors)

but ensure that the batteries are ok (if over 4/5 year old, change them)
fit a low pass mains filter to the panel.

this can rectify the fault.

if not do as above, change them all out, remember smokes (inc ionisation) are usually changed after 10 years service life.

any other questions, post here and we will try to help

Oasis

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back