Peugeot 308 - underlying bodywork damage - advice required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I recently caught my front right wheel arch of my Peugeot 308 ('08 plate, 2 litre diesel, 5 door, 6 speed.) on a small blind wall when reversing. The low wall went into the arch at a very low speed. No external bodywork damage has been caused but the underlying plastic part which joins the bumper to the bodywork around the wheel has broken. I can lift the bodywork up a bit by hand around this area. I have in fact removed a plastic part which was loose, which I believed probably acted as a joiner between these bodywork parts.

This isn't causing me any problems as it is pretty much in the correct place, although can be lifted by hand - obviously though I want to get it fixed so the problem doesn't get any worse.

Ideally I'd like to fix it myself. I am handy at DIY, but cars aren't normally my thing.

Could someone please advise on how to identify what I need to do and how to do it. Is there somewhere I can go to see documentation on how this is fitted together. I'm happy to take a picture of the part I have removed and the exact section of the car effected if that makes it easier.

Thanks
Jon

Sponsored Links
Jack the car up and take both front wheels off.
Initially what you see there are wheel arch liners which stop road crud from being flung around and help to minimise corrosion.
These are held in by plastic pegs that push into holes and they are a swine to shift, but you can move them using a forked tool.
Remove the arch liner and you'll be able to see what the trouble actually is. If its a broken bumper then you can often repair them with a fibre glass kit but if the damage is heavy then its an expensive dealer part.
You may have to shift the headlamps to get the bumper off - I don't really know.
John :)

Sponsored Links
I'm probably miles out here but that thing looks like a piece of the engine's undertray which protects against water splash and noise.
Easy enough to remove by taking some screws out. (Unless its those poisonous quarter turn things that peugeot sometimes use).
John :)

Back