Carbon Monoxide Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Its carbon monoxide in the news at the moment with its awareness being raised.

I think it will be worth investing in an alarm probably a mains powered one so what make / type do you pros recommend.

I hope all the other readers will agree that the £20 cost of CM alarm is money well spent and will give you valuable peace of mind. :D

Sponsored Links
Bacho,
I have the Ei Carbon Monoxide Alarms around my house, they are £25 at amazon
co alarm
They are not mains but battery operated.
The reasons why I chose these was they came recommended, they have a long battery life, they check out for CO emissions once every 50 seconds, they have an indicator light to show you they are operating, you can install them close to the appliance, they work during power cuts and you can take them on holiday with you.
I don't think they appreciate the holiday but they are a handy safety item to have ;)

company that insures/services my boiler have given me a free co dector.
well you know what boiler i have ok its a powermax old type.

Sponsored Links
well you know what boiler i have ok its a powermax old type.

I had a Range Powermax boiler, too. I bought a Kidde CO alarm, mains plug-in, from Costco. The Powermax has now gone for scrap, although I never had any trouble with it. I still have the CO alarm, good up to 2015. It has only ever gone off when I bump the test buttons with my fat backside.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back