Alarm not working since meter changed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.

Someone has asked me to look at an alarm which 'has not worked since Eon changed the meter'. I am assuming it was disconnected. If it was disconnected, will it 'go off' if I just reconnect it or is it likely to work with the old pin code, or, will it need re-initiating ? I do not know what the model of the alarm is. Any advice appriciated.

thx

Sponsored Links
depends on a few things

what panel
how old
battery status
external siren type and age
electrical connection

various to be honest,

me, i would power it up, and change the battery and external siren unit (thats me, you don't have to if you don't want to, and depends on the age of the external unit, and what panel it is connected to)

so, get a battery, new one, change it, power up from the mains, put your old code in, se what it does!!

then post and ask questions if it don't do what you think it should do!!!!!

depends on a few things

what panel
how old
battery status
external siren type and age
electrical connection

various to be honest,

me, i would power it up, and change the battery and external siren unit (thats me, you don't have to if you don't want to, and depends on the age of the external unit, and what panel it is connected to)

so, get a battery, new one, change it, power up from the mains, put your old code in, se what it does!!

then post and ask questions if it don't do what you think it should do!!!!!

...that's great, thanks.

Sponsored Links
.... I disconnected the mains supply and battery, then re-connected both. The system seemed to be back to normal. I entered the arming code and the 'DAY' light came on on the panel, but, there was no continuous tone which was obviously the 'arming' tone warning. I found the manual on-line (see link below), but i can't really make out what the problem might be. An ideas anyone? There are no lights indicating problems and as i said - it worked fine before the power was turned off for a few hours, so i don't think it's a wiring issue, just a 'settings' issue perhaps?

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Ade/4pi175_A-G3_inst.pdf

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back