Help...hot water but no central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Gas Baxi Bermuda 552 combi, a Grundfos Selectric pump and a hoeywell ST699B programmer, for the last 3 days i have had no central heating, but have hot water. I have bled the rads, no air locks, i can feel the pump vibrating, the programmer is set to continuouse on both hw and ch, (Which i have pa=layed with but made no difference) boiler on which usually makes a few bangs when starting, but have had no bangs for the last 3 days? What could the problem be? Any help would be great, many thanks. :(

Sponsored Links
motorised valve most likely. Tell us what sort of valve(s) you have on the system.

Sponsored Links
the Baxi Bermuda is not a combi boiler. It is a back boiler, supplying heating and hot water via a diverter valve (if fully pumped). The problem could be that the diverter (3 port) valve is not opening to the heating circuit.

Like oilski said, we don't know what valve(s) he has yet......... :rolleyes:

May not be the valve, may just be the motor that drives the valve, is there a `click` sound coming from it? You can test the valve by taking the motor off, after isolating the electrics of course, ( fused spur)? See if the top of the valve will move freely, use pair of grips, if it does, it`s probably the motor that drives the valve that is cream crackered. If it won`t move freely it`s probably seized. You can probably free it & use a bit of WD40, to keep it lubed up, may go again in the future but worth doing & saving yourself a few bob if you have to call me out ;) If you do take the motor off, note the position of the spindle on the valve, & the position of the `d` shape underneath the motor :D

Then again it may be your roomstat, or your programmer :cry: :cry: if it`s not your motor/valve post back & we`ll go through the process of how to test the above :D :D

sounds more like cylinder stat to me or maybe air lock in coil on cylinder but hey what do know i only work for Baxi ?? :idea:

gazthepottertonengineer said:
but hey what do know i only work for Baxi ?? :idea:
Sorry just found this little gem...yes you ONLY work for Baxi...next time you make a visit, let the forum know in advance... We`ll put banners up informing the rest of the engineers that `Gaz` is coming..maybe some of us will have the opportunity of kissing the hem of your gown... :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back