Texecom Premier LCD RKP + Proximity Reader Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I Have a couple of questions regarding the above proximity device.

Are the proximity tags for this the impedance type as I don't really want the battery powered ones?

A link for them are here:
http://www.diy-alarms.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=11&products_id=425

Secondly say I have 3 programmed up and one is lost, can it be removed from the access control so it no longer works? I presume they have a serial number that associates with the device.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
They're RFID tags so don't take any batteries.

Yes you can disassociate a tag from the panel - It's stored in the user code maintenance area.

Thanks for the reply:)

Makes sense really but just couldn't find any info on it.

Is this standard for other panels too do you know such as the Honeywell ones?

Thanks again.

Some radio most RFID.

As for deleting, you should have a user list in real text and you can delete codes and fobs thru that.
I also advise a secondary list to be held elsewhere. just in case.

Sponsored Links
Some radio most RFID.

As for deleting, you should have a user list in real text and you can delete codes and fobs thru that.
I also advise a secondary list to be held elsewhere. just in case.

Ah, so the panel I mentioned, you can plug a laptop into to administer it?
Or are you referring to something else when you say about deleting the fobs?

Sorry but a total newbie to this kind of thing.

Thanks in advance.

An engineer with the correct software and lead can plug a laptop onto the panel and fully program and administer the panel.

Adding / deleting users, user codes and their fob is one of the things you can do.

A user of the panel, as long as he has been authorised to do so on the panel, can delete a user or their fob through the programming menus on the keypad.

Ah OK, Thanks RF.

So If I've taken this correctly then if I set it all up on the panel, add in the tags and set names to them etc, I can then log into it as an 'administrator' for want of better words and then delete specific tags (being named earlier will make it obvious to delete a specific one).

The laptop side of things - Is is like on cars where you have to buy an expensive lead and s/ware to do this (designed for Install Engineers).

Or would the software come with the panel and then you just use a usb lead?

Thanks again,
Just want it clear in my head before I buy one - Didn't want to waste a load of money to find out if one fob is lost, then it cannot be deleted of the panel to prevent access.

I bought a premier 24 kit from that site not long ago.. they supplied the software, however not all the kits come with the device needed. (the software was old and didn't actually support the alarm revision I had and someone on here sent me an updated version)

The best option for programming seemed to be the ComUSB.. but that's quite expensive..(and only allows programming)

I got the Com2400 to go with mine.. it connects to your phone line.. and you can dial into it to run the software.. its not as convenient (you have to go to someone else's house to dial your own house) and its dial up so it costs same as a phone call..

But it can also ring you when the alarm goes off, or send you an SMS text!

So its pretty good.. they include it with some of the kits.. if not its about 50 quid to add it from them.

The programming leads are about £30 and make programming your panel(s) so so much easier. They are supplied with the software too.

You can remove an individual fob via the keypad. I can't remember exactly how off the top of my head. You might have to delete the user completely and then add a new user, which will not (yet) have a tag assigned to them.

Hope that makes sense.

Ah OK, Thanks RF.

So If I've taken this correctly then if I set it all up on the panel, add in the tags and set names to them etc, I can then log into it as an 'administrator' for want of better words and then delete specific tags (being named earlier will make it obvious to delete a specific one).

Yes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back