Whole house ...Mains booster pump?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a pump to boost the mains flow rate, as the house in question has 3 bathrooms and 2 Ferrolli boilers(combi) .

The slow down in flow rate is mostly due to rubbish flow through boiler !
But also as you can expect with that no. of taps etc theres gonna be some minor problems.

What pump does anyone recommend? I thought of one from the SALAMANDER range , but i hav'nt had a good look yet?

Or

Can anybody think of a better way to go? A Unvented sys. would be perfect way to go, but they are not looking to change system.
Also it's still a bit of a job fitting a whole house booster pump with associated pipework and storage tank as house is decorated etc etc etc..

Help appreciated
Thanks

Sponsored Links
If pressure is bad no point fitting unvented.

I fitted a 3 bar ST pump in my brothers hose hes got 30si worcester.

100 gal tank as it is doing the whole house hot + shower.

You need to check a few things;
Check your incoming main pressure & flow.
What size of combis do you have?
What size of pipe is your incoming main?

You can boost the whole house water supply with a break tank & pump. Without that, you can only get the flow rate that is coming into your home via the incoming mains. Lastly, combis were the wrong thing to fit & it sounds a bit of a lash-up.

Sponsored Links
more often than not, if you have poor flow, the pressure won't be too bad.

if that is the case, then you have the option of a pressure vessel.

its a large capacity vessel of about 500l, it is pottable and goes inline with your incoming mains.

i've done a few where there is a long incoming mains run on 3/4 inch steel. pressure is about 2.5 bar with a drop off to 1.8bar but flow is awful.

add a pressure vessel and hey presto, all works fine.

Or you could have a noisy whole house pump, a tank full of stagnant water and no water at all in a power cut.

I know what I would fit, a GC450 accumulator (pressure vessel) would only occupy the space I could stand in, so not much of an extension. :eek:

Nothing to stop you burying the GRP version in the garden either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back