still problem with gravity feed system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the gravity feed system consist 2 header tanks one for the central heating one for the hot water . with 1 pump. 3 way diverter for hot water and central heating or just hot water. hot water copper cylinder. 7 rads
the system has been standing for 6 monthes. on restarting many problems
due to system sludge.now been flushed out.
i had to replace the pump of which is compatable to this system due to scale build up reducing hole size either side of pump inlet and out let. a gate valve to copper cylinder had to be replaced due to gate broken
now i have " flushed the system completely so far as only clean clear water came out.
all rads but 1 get hot, the biggest in the living room flow pipe is hot but the return is cold and rad is cold, have replaced with new valves flushed rad. high pressure hose to return and clean water from flow. to illiminated any blockage. thinking on the lines of a power flush, BUT i think cause of flow problems is lime scale. also theres seem to be no hot water. any ideas please,

Sponsored Links
Yours is a fully pumped system.As you had blockages either side of the pump I suspect other blockages in pipework near the pump.Even though you have flushed the system this will not remove blockages that have become solidified inside pipe and around tees and elbows.Use a magnet to see if it is attracted to copper and if so,there is your problem.

so if there is magnetic residue in the pipework what is recomended to clear or clean the system

Also what i would like to know has anyone got a second hand power flush unite they want to sell. has i have had offers of work with a corgi reg plumber. new ones are from around £500

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back