hot water working fine but no central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a problem with my Feroli Optima 701 - the hot water was working fine but the central heating was intermitant, the radiators got luke warm and then would cut off completely after a couple of minutes. I called many competent engineers who fixed the problem temporarily for a few weeks. Eventually he said 'change the boiler', which is usually said anyway. I had no means to change the boiler due to the cost of it. Eventually i found that the central heating termostat was conducting too much heat and gave a cut off signal to the boiler. I took the thermostat out and cleaned the connectors with WD40 and its housing. To reduce the heat conductivity i put a thin piece of plastic ( i cut up disposable plastic cup) under the heating thermostat and put back the red and green connection wires. My heaters are now boiling hot as is the hot water. I saved many pounds by not going to these cowboy engineers.

This method should work with any boiler.

Sponsored Links
:mrgreen: Wow! You certainly know your stuff.

I would certainly not invite those cowboys to check out my boiler.

Please leave your contact details so that I can get a decent fix when
my heating goes down :LOL:

Had a problem with my Feroli Optima 701 - the hot water was working fine but the central heating was intermitant, the radiators got luke warm and then would cut off completely after a couple of minutes. I called many competent engineers who fixed the problem temporarily for a few weeks. Eventually he said 'change the boiler', which is usually said anyway. I had no means to change the boiler due to the cost of it. Eventually i found that the central heating termostat was conducting too much heat and gave a cut off signal to the boiler. I took the thermostat out and cleaned the connectors with WD40 and its housing. To reduce the heat conductivity i put a thin piece of plastic ( i cut up disposable plastic cup) under the heating thermostat and put back the red and green connection wires. My heaters are now boiling hot as is the hot water. I saved many pounds by not going to these cowboy engineers.

This method should work with any boiler.

I smell..............****ing bullshit :eek:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back