Wickes refusing to give me a printed quote for a kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a kitchen designed by Wickes and they quoted to supply and fit. They just wrote the figures down for me with the picture of the kitchen representation.

I went to B&Q to get a quote on a similar kitchen and they have given me a complete breakdown of everything that I am purchasing and what the install will include - what they're calling a dry-fit.

I returned to Wickes to ask for a similar breakdown (the B&Q quote is slightly higher but I wanted to check if the Wickes quote includes similar items in the install, etc).

They told me that they've been ordered by head office not to give any detailed printed quotes until the kitchen is purchased.

This makes me suspicious. My girlfriend thinks it is simply so we can't obtain a like-for-like quote but being a cynic I'm suspicious that once we pay for the kitchen we may find out that things we presumed were included in the supply and fit are not and are going to cost us extra and this is why they're withholding the printed breakdown.

Tempted to go with B&Q now simply because Wickes' behaviour seems a bit underhand. My girlfriend feels

What do you think? Are they known for springing costly surprises? I've never bought a kitchen before so have no idea how this works and what extras I need to check for.

Sponsored Links
Wickes! B&Q!!

Says it all!

Sheds are a nightmare.

Get a professional company to fit your kitchen.
Give me a professional company that has a showroom so I can see the kitchen and worktops to get a feel for what I may be buying.

I'm serious!

I'm not in the trade and have no idea where to go other than Wickes, B&Q, Ikea, Magnet, etc. They're the one doing all the advertising.

Sponsored Links
1) Go to another Wickes store.

2) Contact Wickes customer services.

I wanted to buy a hatch cover (about £60). In the first store the bathroom designer said they can't do this as the total price is too small. In the other Wickes store the designer didn't have any problems whatsoever. I thought the management would like to know what happens in their stores and sent customer services an email. They rreplayedthat the store manager has been informed and asked for more details. I suppose it had some cconsequencesfor the lazy designer because he obviously rrecognizedme next time I was there and didn't look happy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back