overflowing standpipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an indesit washer dryer which has started to leak, I watched to see what is going on and when th water drains into the standpipe everyso often the water backflows and comes over the top of th pipe and all over the floor. I have tried readjusting the amount of hose that goes in it, and did think about replacing the pipe with a taller one as the pne i have now is only 46cm off the floor but i cant get the pipe out to change it. I have checke the outside to see if water is coming through and hav tried to flush it out and it doesnt appear to be blocked - any ideas?!

Sponsored Links
if your stand pipe is overflowing that means the water is not getting away fast enough, the fact that water comes outside through the stand pipe means partial blockage.

Many years ago i was called out for same problem, customer swore blind pipe was clear, i took it off and held it up to light, there for all to see was a partila blockage, but yours may be further along, sorry, best thing to do is take all pipes apart and look.

pantboyandpig said:
hmm maybe i should have a little word with the landlord

I would have thought it quicker to take pipes apart, you may want to try mr muscle foamer

Sponsored Links
where the pipes join, are the "connectors" thin, and have no "collar" at either end? if they havent it sounds like solvent weld pipe, which you can not get apart, i prefer push fit, which you can get apart.

try mr muscle, but i am not promising anything

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back