New UPVC door Adjustable hinges?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've just fitted a new UPVC door to my garage and had a bit of struggle getting it to close nice. i have since read a few topics on toe and heeling?, (wish I'd known about this before I started!) But if i can help I dont want to take the glass back out.
I have already fitted the glass and dont think theres anything to far out with the frame or door,but it just needs lifting about 5/10mm on the lock side as the multi lock part doesn't line up very well.
Ive attatched some pictures of the hinges as I'm not to sure if these are ajustable or not and was hoping some one may have a better idea. Sorry if they are not great quality.
Any advice much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
5/10mm is quite a lot really to make up on the hinge so ideally it should be done via toeing and heeling but.........

I've seen these hinges before but never fiddled with them but at first glance i'd say you need to wind down those 2 allen headed bolts, it looks like the whole hinge slides up or down, the big allen bolt (hinge pin) just moves the door closer to or further from the frame

Thanks for the above advice, I finally took the plunge and took the glass and bottom panel out and set it up useing the Toeing and heeling method,or at least my own novice variation. But it all went ok and now the door shuts nice. I would however advise anyone who is a novice like myself to leave it to the professionals as I've spent way to much time playing around with this door!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back