Basin waste - need longer thread

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am fitting a clic/clac type waste (unslotted) to a basin mounted on top of a worktop in a bathroom. The back nut on the waste also secures the basin to the worktop.

The threaded part is not long enough to take both the back nut and the compression nut for the waste pipe, so at the moment I have just siliconed the pipe in place, but obviously this is not secure/ideal!

Does anyone know if they are available with a longer thread than the usual - they all seem to be the same standard length

thanks

Andy

Sponsored Links
Can you counterbore the underside of the worktop to recess the backnut?

To counterbore an existing hole with a hole saw, plug the existing hole with a piece of scrap timber, and mark out the centre for the hole saw pilot drill on the plug. Cut the counterbore to depth, and clean out with a chisel.

Thanks ticklyt for the reply, much appreciated. I had thought about this as an option, but ideally was after a simple swap. Call me lazy!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back