Vaillant Turbomax Plus 824E/828E spare parts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
i'm a new member but have been browsing this great site/forum since I can remember!

I don't have a problem as such but I was hoping for some feedback/advice on the following matter.

The flat we bought a year ago has a Vaillant Turbomax Plus 824E/928E boiler which we estimate must be over 10 years old. The boiler is working fine at present (the previous owner had it regularly serviced by BG before she sold the flat to us) but it's now time to call someone out for its yearly check.
We wanted to take out one of the BG homeowners boiler service and repair schemes, which covers parts and labor with boiler replacement if it can't be fixed. Only problem is as the boiler's so old we do not fulfill their criteria for a replacement boiler under Terms & Conditions, they will only repair it if the parts are available.

My question is:
if the boiler breaks down how easy is it to find any spare parts for this model –Vaillant Turbomax Plus 824E/928E– which is now quite old and we don't even know if it's still in production.

We are also planning to get in touch with Vaillant but in the meanwhile we would very much appreciate some good unbiased advice from this forum. Thanks

Stef

Sponsored Links
Virtually all of the parts are still available.

They catch you on the cost of repair though. Its economic to spend £500 on a newish boiler but perhaps not on a 10 y.o. boiler.

Thats still a fairly reliable boiler and it would be cheaper over a number of years to have it serviced and repaired as required by an independent.

It has not been in production since about 2005 but thats irrelevant.

Tony

Hi Tony, thanks you so much for your reply, really appreciated.
That's exactly the kind of information we needed to make a more informed decision regarding our boiler.
We are deffo gonna look after the old girl and keep it running for as long as is physically possible!

Thanks again
stef

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back