Galaxy 2 SMS question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
New to the forum and looking for some help finishing the instillation of my Galaxy alarm system.
I've installed the alarm without any issues that I could not resolve by reading the instillation manual (three times!). I have user, master and engineer codes.

Can anyone explain to me how the SMS paging system works please. Just to be clear - this is not a monitored alarm so I don't want to put anything in option 56 1 to 12 but 56 -17 allows up to 3 mobiles to be sent SMS messages of varying alarm functions.
I'm assuming that the Centre number is the SMS centre for the hard wired telephone line. In my case BT?
I've asked BT and they have given me a number (0800 077 771) The alarm panel calls the number but won't communicate with the technology and holds the line open.

Have I got this right or am I looking for a mobile operators SMS centre number?

Any help would be appreciated,

Fingers

Sponsored Links
You need a mobile centre number.

Just remember it can sometimes go down or be removed as no one ever admits to maintain it on a regular basis unless you have a Castlecare panel.

Anyway use this, 07860 980480 or 07785 499993

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back