Replacing Kitchen Unit Lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought some replacement lights for my kitchen units. The existing one's are on the kitchen light circuit. The replacement one's I bought have mains plugs on them. Can I just wire these into the lighting circuit?

I also bought some spare connectors but in the instructions it states the connectors are not to be used as the first connector in the installation.

Not sure if I have the wrong thing here! Any guidance appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The replacement one's I bought have mains plugs on them. Can I just wire these into the lighting circuit?

It might be possible to arrange for them to be powered from the lighting ciruit.

But without a lot more information no one can give you a definate answer.

For example are they plugs or a plugs with a power controller ( transformer ) built into the plug ?

Pictures will help to provide an answer.

Sponsored Links
These could be wired into the lighting circuit by removing the mains plug but it is then necessary to connect them to the lighting circuit via a FCU with a 3 amp fuse in it. Either one FCU per lamp or an FCU for the first lamp and then join the lamps together as in the instructions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back