GARDTEC 300 SERIES

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a guardtec 300 alarm installed in my shop which was there when i moved in so i dont have any manuals or anything for it. Reasently it has started going off every morning when i come in without giving me any time to get to the alarm and turn it off. Does anyone know why its doing this & how to stop it?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
The contact on your front door (or which ever door you first enter by) is faulty.

The alarm is going off because a movement detector is seeing you, it would normally let you walk through it on the way to the controls to turn off the alarm.

Hi,
The door sensor is working as it beeps everytime someone comes in when the alarm is on day mode, could it still be this though?
Thanks

As above, the contact is slow to activate.

Open the door and see how long it takes to "chime".

Sponsored Links
Thank you, i'm guessing this is something we need to get someone in for & cant fix it ourselves?

It is a basic panel, you can buy a new contact and replace yourself.
Probably a flush contact, maplins and others sell them ( overpriced :D) but you can buy there.
When removing old, note the colours and where they go.

Sorted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back