Kenwood 12ST3A

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

My dishwasher has decided to stop working..I have no error messages, i set the programme, and it drains first which is fine, then it lets water in which is fine but at the point where the spray arms are supposed to start working is where the problem is. All i got is a humming noise, no movement on the spray bars, and no water being ejected from the spray bars. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it could be a motor problem so check either the motor itself or brushes

The humming suggests the motor might be trying to turn but cannot.

It might be that there is something in the pump chamber. Some food debris that got past the filter and is now jamming the pump rotor.

It might be possible to dismantle the water ways from inside the machine to find the pump rotor.

Make notes of how you take it apart to be sure of getting it back together again.

Sponsored Links
Dishwasher motors don't have carbon brushes...Check for a duff wash motor capacitor or a jammed impellor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back