Aerial question and splitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,,, :D

In the middle of having my house extended and am now just planning about Tv's in the rooms.

Currently I have a Aerial (only installed a couple of years back) on the chimney stack which feeds a wire into the loft where it is split 3 ways.

What i need now is 3 or possibly 4 more splits so possibly 7 TV's running in total.
At present the signal is ok but occasionally getting some blocking effect on the screens with an occasional loss of signal for a few seconds.
My initial thought was to buy this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SLx-Signal-...digital/dp/tech-data/B000VEK0MS/ref=de_a_smtd

What are my options to get the best result?

Sponsored Links
It is what I use and it works well. There are many different ways to arrange TV's but the method I have used is to feed the aerial just to main TV point.

From this point there is then another cable returning to loft space and to amplifier which in turn feeds the bedrooms, kitchen, and dining room.
As a result my sky box can be included with the freeview signal and I can also watch sky in all rooms.

I have further enhanced it with a SCART to RF box so I can also watch the DVD/Hard drive in all rooms as well. Although the digi eye does not work with latter.

It is the Digi-eye that the digital bypass is for but not only does the amplifier need it but also any TV sockets. Seems odd but cheap sockets work well but more expensive types have decoupling capacitors to stop you getting a static belt from aerial. These also stop the digi-eye working.

But unless you use sky it will not matter.

Thanks. :D

I dont have sky just freeview so it looks like thats the method i will go for.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back