Hotpoint VTD65A F-12 error code after changing belt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just changed a snapped belt on my sisters dryer, all went well but I've have now got F-12 coming up on the display :oops:.

The dryer is a Hotpoint VTD65A, and according to the hotpoint website the code means there's a communication error between the two boards

When I changed the belt I removed the front of the machine, and removed the connection to the display board with the blue wires, also the door switch connector with the brown wires and what I think was the something to do with the clean filter sensor (2 red wires with spade connectors at the bottom middle).

I have checked and rechecked the wires to make sure there not broken and are correctly fitted.

So now I'm stumped, does it need programming? or have I messed something up?

Thank you
Andy

Sponsored Links
Check conection j9 on the pcb. Make sure all connctions are tight.

Thanks, I'll check that connection and see if it helps, is j9 the blue wires to the display pcb?

Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks
Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back