Should i install a PRV on the mains?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

i have a 210L megaflow, which has 22mm pipe run to it from the stop cock.

going to be running the house on digital processor units for the showers, like aqualisa.

do i need to fit prvs to balance the supplies, or is there another way?

Sponsored Links
megaflow valve has a prv in it and a tapping for a balanced cold draw iirc

yea would defo say use the balanced cold connection on the combination valve off the megaflow. It will be blanked off as standard i think? But run it from there same if you have a mixer on the bath could be worth taking cold feed from there to.

cheers, ill have a look, havent noticed one tho.

also as a second question.

the hot and cold feeds dont have any means of isolation on them. so theres no way of turning off the hot water, unless you turn the mains stop cock off.

this is a little annoying, so can a full bore iso valve be fitted on the hot water outlet of the megaflow? or on the cold water inlet?

Sponsored Links
yea iso can be done. Just be carefull if you iso the cold inlet as once isolated you will need to open a hot tap to release pressure on the hot feed. This can also drop a pressure in the cylinder which requires a drain down and refill to pressurize. This is only on some models.

No - it should be on the cold inlet BEFORE the pressure reducing group. You must not fit any valve between the pressure reducing kit and the cylinder.

This equipment should only be fitted by someone with a certificate, and PRV is usually taken to mean a Pressure Relief Valve.

yea sorry didnt make that clear fit iso before combination valve. :eek: my bad

what? that doesnt make any sense.

why cant i put a full bore iso valve on the hot outlet at the top?

cold water combination valve on the megaflo has an integral isolation cock on it.
yes you can put a isolation valve on the OUTLET of the cylinder.

cold water combination valve on the megaflo has an integral isolation cock on it.
yes you can put a isolation valve on the OUTLET of the cylinder.

thanks for that, good job really, i did that today!!

Hello folks, can I blow the roof off my house? I can? Thanks, actually I already did it yesterday....

Hello folks, can I blow the roof off my house? I can? Thanks, actually I already did it yesterday....

dont be dumb, or treat me like i am.

i could take it off if i needed to.

boiler is switched off, mains turned off.

Sorry, only joking.

It's funny how many people post on here asking if it's ok to do something next week when in fact they've already gone and done it...

I have a friend who......

Sorry, only joking.

It's funny how many people post on here asking if it's ok to do something next week when in fact they've already gone and done it...

I have a friend who......

fair enough...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back