House Plans

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought a house and wanted to investigate exactly what was done on an extension about 6 years ago with regard to things like drainage etc.
How would I go about viewing documentation/plans etc on this work?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Sponsored Links
IIRC, you have no right to see building control plans, but you can see the planning permission plans

In any case, there is absolutely no guarantee that the plans reflect the as built work.

IIRC, you have no right to see building control plans, but you can see the planning permission plans

In any case, there is absolutely no guarantee that the plans reflect the as built work.
Under the Freedom of Information Act you can apply to see the Building Regs drawings assuming any exist in council archives.

Yes, possibly

But I always thought that they were not public documents produced by the council - so can they actually be released under a FoiR?

There are copyright issues preventing copying for third party use

Sponsored Links
Six years ago being quite recent, I'm surprised the plans weren't included within the documentation passed to you when you bought the property :confused:

Yes, possibly

But I always thought that they were not public documents produced by the council - so can they actually be released under a FoiR?

There are copyright issues preventing copying for third party use
I have had exactly this conversation with the head of my local BC who told me they were public documents and as such anyone can apply to see them. :confused:

After 3 months of moving in I am still waiting for my solicitor to send me all the docs related to the purchase. I guess they may well be in there.Failing that I shall try the council.

Thanks guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back