Moving to Pet friendly sensors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I currently have a Galaxy panel with optex detectors, however we are about to take on 2 cats so need to change our current set-up. I have been advised by my alarm installer to replace the optex sensors with Honeywell DT7435 pet-friendly ones.

A couple of questions ; How good are these sensors with Pets?.. one of the two cats is particularly energetic, for example a fly in the room is a must have :D I obviously want to avoid false alarms - so am keen to know how others get on with these?.. I presume the only other option is viper contacts on all the windows and doors?

Sponsored Links
hi i use optex rx40pt detectors and have had no problems if your existing detectors are rx40s you can even use the back plate(not the fronts as the lens pattern may be different) AS LONG AS THE PETS CANT GET WITHIN 1M OF THE DETECTOR hope this helps :D

Even a pet friendly will have issues if looking at the stairs as cats ( hate em) will poke heads out in front of detector.

So positioning is paramount.
Even 1 mtr rule wont help in the above senerio.

The Honeywell are good and never found an issue with them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back