Salus rt500rf wired to Glow worm boiler 50FF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong,
I have a time in the airing cupboard that is set to turn on the heating and hot water at various times during the day, but I have no theremostat, I try and control the radiators via the thermostic valves on the radiators.

So I have wired a Salus RT500RF into the boiler as per the instructions, having removed the link between SL and 9 on my boiler and everything seems to be working well, when the timer in the airing cupboard switches on the heating, the thermostat controlls the heat and the boiler responds fine. However when the timer switches on the hot water, nothing happens?

I assume that the link needs to be in for hot water and heating to be controlled by the timer? So if I keep the link in as well it operates as before and the thermostat is not needed?

Many thanks

JB

Sponsored Links
You need to wire it into the wiring centre, or in some cases the programmer. What programmer is it?

You need to find which is the heating on (live) terminal at the programmer. Then you to trace this wire back to the wiring centre, where you disconnect the wire from the terminal block, and connect it to COM on your new stat's receiver.

Then you connect a wire from NO on new stat receiver to the connection on the wiring centre block where you removed the other wire from.

Lastly, connect N on the stat receiver to the neutral connector on the wiring centre block.

Make sure you replace the link in the boiler. If in doubt, contact a plumber to wire the stat up.

Hi

I found the heating live wire in the wiring centre and connected as described, and it works a treat. I was forgetting that the thermostat is actually only a switch.

Regarding connecting the power to the stat receivert, I actually connected the stat receiver N and L connections to a constand N and L in the wiring centre, it seemed to imply that in the useless Salus instructions.

Many thanks for your assistance

Regards

JB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back