Install new WC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am facing a number of small, but mounting, problems planning the installation of a WC in new extension. Firstly the positioning of the joists is an issue, I then realise that i have bareley the fall to get to the stack and I now realise that the incorporation of two bends from the pan to the horizontal soil branch will also be challenging.

To elaborate, I am working in the ceiling of the ground floor- that is to say the toilet will be on the first floor. In order to get the fall i need on the branch, which runs 2.5m (minimum fall 45mm according to b. regs) i need to make full use of the joist height. As such, I need to ensure that the horizontal branch is flush with the underside of the first floor flooring at the start, near the WC, and at the other extreme where it reaches the stack.

However, I am using a back to wall with concealled cistern system and all of the pans i have seen have the outlet between say 150 and 200mm to the centre of the outflow, which runs horizontally out of the back of the pan. The problem is that i need to incorporate 2 bends to get to the branch beneath the floor, but there is nothing like the height to do this as two bends take about 250mm.

Are there any niffty techniques that i am missing - i'm sure this crops up all the time? or can i use a flexible pan connector which starts on the horizontal and describes an s shape and ends up again on the horizontal plugging into the branch under the floor or is this frowned upon?

Thanks for your help,

Sponsored Links
What about a
110mm-swan-neck-pan-connector.jpg

Yes that could certainly help, thanks. What is it called!

Would prefer to use the flexible if anybody knows whether it is acceptable as this would mean a lot less joints and components.

Thanks again,

The original pic is of a swan necked pan connector.

There's no reason why you can't use a
12792781100.jpg
90 degree flexi pan connector if it makes life easier. :p

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back