2 gang 2 way wired inline as 2 x 1 way

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This seems ok to me, but its always best to have someone more experienced check :) Much appreciated. Is it ok to use those plastic connection blocks for connecting the neutrals wires?

Many thanks.

Oh wiring is for a shed

lights.png

Sponsored Links
Yes that's fine.

Although, just to be clear the position of the Ls And 2s will be the other way round on the actual switches.

Is it ok to use those plastic connection blocks for connecting the neutrals wires?

Yes, you may want to use a 5 or 15 amp as these sizes will be more suited the number and size of cables your terminating.

Some will say the connector should be fixed securely to the casing of the switch.

Sponsored Links
Just noticed - should be on a 3amp fuse.

Thats the thing, at the moment the rcd plug is connected via armoured cable to a watrproof junction box in the shed, from that box i connected a waterproof socket.

I was going to wire the above lighting circuit directly from the junction box, so its would be protected by the fuse in the socket. Thats why ive used 1.5mm everywhere. Thoughts?

OK - fair enough. I was thinking it was interior lighting.

Not 100% clear of the set-up but-

!3A is alright for !.5 cable but as there are only two lights you could still use 3A fuse (up to 690 watts). Wouldn't hurt.

I terminated at a waterproof junction box outside and fed a regular flex cable through the wall behind the box, again 1.5mm2 cable. Cable is on solid walls above ground, and length within voltagedrop tolerance that i read about on here (i think)

You think?

You mean you didn't do any testing?

Leaving aside the sheer b****y dreadful tacky bodge of powering a shed by plugging it into a socket in the house, how do you know that it's safe?

When you applied for Building Regulations approval, what did you say would be the way you'd comply with P1?

Yes i think i READ it here, i cant remember where i read it, what exactly is your problem with me not remembering which website i read it from? i didn't say i hadnt tested it!

What is wrong exactly with powering a shed from a plug? vs running a standard extension lead from house to shed everytime i need electricity like 99% of homeowners do to mow the lawn. Its a better cable, safer plug and all waterproofed.

Are the outdoor power kits not legal? Also does pluging it in using one of these socket bypass the need for approval? Thats what i read from a few sources.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back