Which boiler for a long flue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're refitting our house and have decided to locate our boiler on an internal wall (decision came down to kitchen design and more). This means that the flue would need to travel between 3.5 and 5m with a max of two bends in it (one to go horizontal to outside and then one to go vertical once outside if necessary). The boiler will need to power two bathrooms and the heating system. Can anyone recommend a brand of boilers that work well with this length of flue as I've only seen that Keston do flues of this length but have read on here that Keston are not the best brand?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Do not under any circumstances buy a Keston!

ATAG with 80mm twin flue works for me ;)

Valliant will happily cope with that length of flue and much longer, and as stated before, DO NOT BUY KESTON

Sponsored Links
most makes of boiler should be ok. looking at you longest lenght of 5 m with a meter for each bend, which gives a total lenght of 7 meters. Most boilers can go further than that.

if you intend to box the flue in it will require to have inspection hatches on it, from april 2012 might be worth remembering

Individual manuals will give max length, but remove 1m for each angle joint.

Mine's running for 8m with two angles up an inside wall into the loft and out through an end gable. Max run for this conventional Baxi is something like 12m twin tube. The sections are expensive (~£40 quid a meter, similar per elbow) but it allowed me to solve a tricky problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back