Ferroli Sigma lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help? New Ferroli Sigma 40-60 failing to fire consistently requiring reset. Works OK about 50% of the time either on timer or manual setting.

No pattern to the need for reset sometimes morning sometimes evening. Very rarely also locks out after successfully starting up. Electrics fully checked by qualified electrician and are OK.

Running out of ideas for what to try next.

Sponsored Links
If it's new you should have a warranty with it, contact the manufacturer.
But be warned if it's not been installed correctly with the benchmark filled in they might not fix it. Is it the over heat reset you have to press or something else. Maybe not enough flow, gas pressure to high, no by-pass fitted. All little things but can cause problems.

Interesting that as "qualified" electrician has checked something!

Do we conclude that a qualified CORGI registered boiler engineer has not been anywhere near the boiler either during installation or since?

The term "NEW" means to me something just a few weeks old. However I am always amused that people in Southall consider a boiler up to three years old to be "new"!

Calling a manufacturers service agent to a boiler when its an installation "error" is usually a chargeable visit!

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
In that case one wonders how he filled in the Benchmark Certificate which will be required documentation when he comes to sell the property.

Without it he may have a problem getting the manufacturer to attend under the warranty.

Also has he notified the local Building Control department as fitting a gas boiler is a Controlled activity?

Tony Glazier

you must have perm live to the boiler and the pump wired back to boiler it sounds like a wiring fault,oh and go easy on the reset these have a habit of falling off the board and i do mean GENTLY reset.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back