Accenta mini G4 main board 13V supply issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I have recently purchased, installed and configured an Accenta mini G4 intruder alarm. All was working fine for the first 2 days. Now I realised that the 13V supply on the main board supplying the PIRs, the external inputs and the siren is gone - the supply to the RKPs is fine. I checked all 4 fuses and they are ok. The panel is functioning ok otherwise - i.e. all functions being set from the keypad are responding fine. The thing is that the PIRs and the siren are not functioning due to the supply issue.
Any help on the above?

Sponsored Links
how have you checked the fuses?
do you have a multimeter?

if you have correct voltage at the bell box connections and not to the AUX, you DO HAVE a blown fuse.

check them, and don't just take them out and look at them, they are 1.6amp 20mm unless you have a meter you wont be able to tell whether they work or not.

so go back and check

if all fuses prove ok, you have knackered PCB.

Oasis

Hi Oasis,

I have checked the fuses with a continuity test using a multimeter.
There seems to be no onboard supply on the D and B terminals of the supply. They were reading 13V at the point of installation - same thing for supply to PIRs. I am puzzled because all is working fine otherwise - all is wired ok - nothing changed from initial wiring up.
Do you think bridging the battery supply to these (13V or lack of it!) supply terminals would do damage?

you mean to say you placed a piece of cable between the = and - of the battery terminal!!!!

if you did this the fuse would blow, and if it didnt you have most likely killed the panel!!!!

Oasis

Sponsored Links
Hi Oasis. No I did not bridge the + and - of the battery, obviously! Since there seems to be no onbaord +13V supply for the siren and PIRs, I was wondering whether I should feed the +13V terminals of the PIRs and siren, directly from the battery. The wiring looks fine - all was working fine before.

no you shouldnt really feed devices from the standby battery.
its not reccomended.

if this is a new system and the panel is still under warrentee, send it back and get a new one!!

if not just go and buy a new one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back