Manholes in conservatories

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Im new to this site so any info would be gratefully received. I am looking into a conservatory on my new house but have a manhole cover that would be covered by the wall of the conseravtory, on looking in this this morning I have noticed that all the pipes from my neighbours houses come into this as I am in a mid terraced house. I have been told by the conservatory comapny that they can either make the manhole smaller to accomodate the cover inside the conservatory which isn't a problem or they can move it, or bridge over it. What would anybody's recomendations be please????

Many thanks

Sean

Sponsored Links
move it outside - and renew the pipe under the conservatory - unless it`s already plastic/modern clay like hepsleve :idea: Just building over can be a total can of worms in the future - even with the best neighbours - I know , I`ve been there :eek: . £ spent now - and involving building control , will pay off in the future ;) Also google Private sewer and see who pays for what as to repaairs - you might be surprised.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, it's a brand new build & all the pipework is plastic. If it is to be moved outsie the conservatory it would have to be moved about5 - 6ft. Would you know if it would cost alot?

Cheers

Sean

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back