Cavity Wall Insulation - PolyBead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I am new to this forum, I hope I have the right forum group...

My house is a 1956 semi-detached build. The house has cavity walls and we suffer from a real cold house. I have contacted a few cavity wall 'fillers' recommended by my local coucil.

I wanted to know the pros and cons of polybead cavity wall filling?

Please can you advise?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
pro's its cheap and effective and definately worth doing.

Con's some small cavities are unsuitable and in some (read very very few) cases it has contributed to damp problems.

Cavity wall insulation will not ever by itself cause damp but in a houses which already has a small and very dirty cavity it could just tip it over the edge and give some damp problems.

Tens of thousands of people in the uk have it done every year but as with anything no matter how few cases result in damp issues they are invariably the ones which shout the loudest so to speak.

I think the risk is miniscule and to let you know my position, I have done it in my house and advised friends and family to get it done.

thanks for the advise, has anyone had polybead as the filler in the cavity wall? or is fibre or another substance better?

Many Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back