Site supervisor?!

Just curious.
As you work in a school who paid for your CRB investigation?

And Gregers is quite right. We work on a lot of sewage pumps and had to have various inoculations, all paid for by the company.

i too work in a school have been for nearly 12 years and they have never done a crb check on me :eek: but have been checked on list 99 ,but i helped out for a bit at army cadets early last year and continue helping out with the cubs scouts and on both occassions have had an inharnced crb check carried out.funny how some places work eh.

Sponsored Links
You've certainly got off to a great start in your new job haven't you?

First off, are you 'employed' or 'self-employed'? And if employed, WHO employs you?

Secondly, (if employed), what does your contract of employment state in terms of PPE and/or Health & Safety?

Third, whilst you're reading the link provided by Prentice, have a look at the H&S at Work Act 1974 - http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/37/contents The act outlines an employers and an employees health and safety responsibilities. Basically an employer is responsible for your health and safety whilst you carry out duties outlined by your employer. An employee also has the responsibility of ensuring their own health and safety by carrying out duties in a responsible manner. The act goes further by outlining that an 'employer' must ensure that 'persons not in his employment who may be affected are not thereby exposed to risks to their health or safety'.

However, I suspect we are not being made aware of all of the fact here.

As to your statements:

did I mention..all staff from the Head to the teachers are FEMALE? :eek:
And that has 'what' to do with ANY of this?

I can just see their tampax flying out when they read this in the morning!...LMAO!
How very juvenile! Are you actually employed at the school or just attending it?

I actually feel like I'm attending it.

there is a more serious side to this issue;

I have unknowingly come into contact with asbestos on the school premises.

having worked there for 2 months, i've only just found out a week ago.

The school has an 'Asbestos Report', but had hidden it from me, as I was the one who was to be doing the "DIY" drilling etc. around the school.

A contractor came onto school premises to carry out repairs and renovation, and immediately requested to see the Asbestos Report, prior to work commencing.

the head of the centre and her secretary went pale in the face, during the meeting with the contractor, as the 2 ladies already knew, that the floor tiles had asbestos under them, possibly causing the contractor to increase the job price, which may include the hefty removal costs.

I should have been shown this report, and pics included, prior to my job starting, but they still to this date have not done so, and is void of my signature. it was complied back in 2006.

I bet you've already rang the "no win, no fee" legal vultures. It's so obvious you are a workshy troublemaker after a quick buck.

I'm guessing you've been on the dole for years and reluctantly took this job on/were forced into it.

Sponsored Links
are you a caretaker or a site supervisor.....

my guess is nether...

Back