British Gas quote for new boiler

wow!i never knew the topic of boilers could get so ,well, heated. nickso, whatever you do for a living,it is obviously very stressful. we are both self-employed so spend quite a lot of time off our backsides!sadly,this does limit the amount of posts we have time to read,so we just confine ourselves to the interesting or funny ones and you have given us a right laugh.thanks for that.

Sponsored Links
blah blah blah....is that it?

who said anything about heated...its a conversation not an argument.

keep on taking it easy on your possibly fat backside until your first heart attack mate :rolleyes:

Im not getting cought up in an argument about british gas etc,

but I know they install grrenstars and Isars, both of which Ive visited their installations from anything between a week and 2 years after being installed for breakdowns.

AS far as I can see there both quite problematc boilers, does anyone know why they still preffer to install them? its not like there cheap boilers?

and ive been to blent of banging/overheating greenstars and generally Fu***d Isars.

Im quite sure he greenstar problems will be generaly poorer instalations but curios to see others opinions on these boiers?

And In my opinion BG do overcharge, Paying often 1000 over a normal installer for BG to phone up a contractor to come do the job for them is rediculous.

But I also agree if you get a good installation and are happy with it and get the garuntees and cover theyll give you after then youve got a good deal.

you are backside obsessed man! we are both actually rather skinny from all that running around we do being self-employed. i actually come on this site to try and learn something from the blokes on it (being female) as we are moving house and sometimes there are some useful tips to be had.

Sponsored Links
not sure why they choose the boilers they do but it must be to do with what they can buy them for and the deals they get

Should imagine they sign a contract to brand and supply for a given time span. Although they can still supply and fit isars they are not on the salemans list anymore.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back