Pegler Applause Thermostatic Bath Shower Mixer.

Sponsored Links
Patience! Patience!
;)

If it was me, I would choose Pegler, purely because I am familiar with them, and they are a long-established manufacturer of quality brassware who will guarantee their products. Spares will also be available in the future.

I am aware of Gummers, but have no experience of them.

Yes, a tap rated at 0.2 bar would be classed as for low pressure systems.

A & J Gummers been around over 100 yrs well know for the sirrus showers.
can't fault either of the two pegler or gummers.

Sponsored Links
Wow - you wait all day for a reply and then three, er two, come along at once :D

Thanks, gents - much appreciated. Quite reassuring comments too.

Is it common for the 'shower' control to have no 'flow' adjustment? I was looking at a 2nd-hand Mira Extra too - usually highly recommended - and that, too, has only a single knob. Basically, it's full-on or nowt.

A bit pants...?

the flow rate is determined by the pressures at the inlets when using the shower.

Thanks, seco.

Yeah, I realise that's the case. Ok, that's complete pants, that is - my bro wants adjustable FLOW too... (as would I)

Now thinking of fitting auto-pumps on the hot and cold supplies and then he can choose whatever mixer he wants, not just 'low pressure' ones.

So, I'm looking for models with adjustable FLOW and a good range of adjustable temp.

Ideas?!

Ta much - again.

Oh, and thoughts on the pumps would be appreciated too. I've suggested NOT going for a shower booster pump under the bath since he's in the top floor flat and the sound could be unpleasant for the peeps below. So, individual pumps would be better.

you say he's in a top floor flat.
so what type of cylinder and size cws has he ?

Hot cylinder is, er, normal size... CWS is, er, I dunno...

The CWS is a recent install, so should be a 'reasonable' size. I did say to my bro that if he starts emptying tanks during a shower he ought to be whipped for being hugely ungreen...

Hence he's looking for a shower with a flow control.

Still really appreciate help with this decision, please :)

Can I confirm - fitting a normal twin-impeller shower booster pump under the bath would be noisy for the peeps in the flat below? Yes/no?

So, he could fit separate boosters for the hot and cold; the 'cold' one can go in the storage hut on the roof where the CWS is located - there's a power supply close. The hot pump could just as easily go in his airing cupboard where the hot cylinder is located alongside the boiler - leccy in there too.

A further advantage would be that all the water in the flat would be improved, tho' it's adequate at the mo' - apart from a slowish kitchen hot.

Then he could fit his choice of bath/shower mixer, and all should be fine - he wouldn't need a low, 0.2bar, type.

What he DOES want, tho', is separate control over shower temp and FLOW. The twit shaves in the shower, so likes to lower the flow during this precious task. Then a nice full blast would be welcome...

Since his gravity flow isn't TOO bad at the mo' - just needs boosting up a little - can peeps recommend a not-too-powerful booster pump please?

Also, thoughts on half-decent bath/shower mixer taps that DON'T cost £300+! (Up to £200 would be ok...)

Ta very much!

Any recommendations

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back