Philips 36" matchline TV Top half the screen is missing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, when i turn on my Philips TV only the bottom half of the screen comes on. Is it an easy repair or do have to throw it away. it would be a shame, as when it is working it is a brilliant picture. thank you all for any advice.
Paul

Sponsored Links
A rare fault, possibly caused by secondary psu to the loptx, never heard of half a picture before.

Philips TV's use generic sets, so need a chassis code to define the fault? Philips in recent years are defined as being unreliable, so a new TV might be the answer?

A rare fault, possibly caused by secondary psu to the loptx, never heard of half a picture before.

Philips TV's use generic sets, so need a chassis code to define the fault? Philips in recent years are defined as being unreliable, so a new TV might be the answer?
Thanks Micky, i thought that might be the case.

Thanks Micky, i thought that might be the case.

Actually, on second thoughts, it might be a faulty feed to a flip flop transistor or regulator, the chassis code would help, but as it's a large screen CRT, probably cost more to repair, than to replace it with a second hand identical unit. Try your local Freecycle, people give them away, rather than loading them into their car to throw away, when they buy LCD/Plasmas.

Sponsored Links
Hi, just read your post. Did you get to repair your tv? I have the same problem with my 50" plasma TV (Philips). Half the screen is black - bottom half. Any idea how to fix the problem or do I need to buy a new one? TV is 6 years old now but I paid over £2k for it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back