plasma tv above radiator ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am struggling for a space to install my 1200mm radiator in my dining room but there is a large wall free which is the same wall i am mounting my 50inch plasma approx 2metres high...just need to ask you audio visual experts if the rising heat could be detrimental to the tv short/long term cause any damage to it etc ..as my plumber is doing the pipework for the rad this w.e cheers again guys :D

Sponsored Links
Put a shelf up above the radiator to deflect the heat out in to the room.

But at 2m distance then the plasma (if indeed it is plasma, not LCD) will be producing more heat locally than the convection current from the rad.

If you are at all concerned then put a thermometer over one of the other rads - If you find the temperature more than 40 degrees C at an equivalent height to the TV then rethink your rad plans... but somehow I doubt it'll be an issue.

My OH grandparents have got theirs on their fire place, they also have a shelf and they havn't had any problems.

However it's a deep fireplace and the gas fire is set back so not directly beneath the TV - but the heat only goes up i suppose.

Just be careful if the warranty involves them coming to site for any reason, such as collection. They may see the radiator as a reason to void any repairs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back