Reseal a sealed bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I sealed my bath 4 months ago, i did the normal filled the bath up before doing it etc.

A few days ago the wife decided to have a bath and the bath dropped a few mm, i could tell that there are a handful of spots (three) where the sealant had stetched and come away from the wall or the bath.

There are toothpick or smaller gaps behind the taps (i assume this is because its the hardest place to seal as the bath is bigger than the bathroom so goes into the wall. Its very easy to identify all the gaps on this wall in the sealant.

Due to it being 4 months i would assume that i cannot reseal on top of the sealant due to the sealant has already been exposed to soap and other elements over the 4 months. Could i not seal on top of the gaps and smooth it over assuming that i seal between the wall and the bath? obviously if it does become infected i can remove all sealant of all walls.

I know the idea way would be to remove everything and reseal the lot but for the sake of a few hairline holes which i might be able to fill in?

There are no gaps or breaks in the sealant on all the other walls.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back