Is Cold Water Pipe OK For Unvented Cylinder?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am considering having an unvented cylinder fitted. Doing some research, I have more than the required 20 L/min - 1.5Bar.

It seems the cold supply pipe to the cyl needs to be 22mm. Running 22mm downstairs to the stoptap will be OK, but the pipe through the floor under the stoptap is 15mm copper.

Will this bit of pipe need digging out to get rid of the 15mm bit of pipe under the floor, and join a 22mm pipe to the pipe underground which I'm assuming is big enough?

Sponsored Links
I am considering having an unvented cylinder fitted. Doing some research, I have more than the required 20 L/min - 1.5Bar.

Is that 1.5 bar measured at or near to the stop cock whilst running 20l/min through all the taps. In which case it would just be OK, but at the required minimum. What is the pressure when drawing no water?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back