British Gas domestic customers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you get your gasbill from British Gas, you may want to have a look at what you are really paying.
BG have been forced to stop ads by order of the Advertising Standards Agency ( ASA ) because they were false and/or misleading a record number of times.

One of their tricks is to reduce the gasprice in spring ( not much profit for you if the price is low in summer ) and then sneakily bump it up in autumn.
Lots of hype when they lower it, not much publicity when it goes up.

Result: a record profit coming out of your pocket.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20110224/tuk-record-742m-profit-for-british-gas-6323e80.html

Sponsored Links
But you have not explained WHY !

When they reduce the prices in the spring they publicise and then pick up more customers all ready for the price increase when it gets cold for the winter when 80% of gas is used!

Tony

more pertinent is the alleged statement that you can only save c. £30 a YEAR by switching suppliers for dual fuel :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Cartel - :?: Not in little britain surely :mrgreen: BG look after your world - and never do a day`s work - FFS we have 2 near to us and both vans are home by 4.30 :rolleyes: Always was and always will be CUSHTY - privatised or not :rolleyes: :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
BG are great, never seen a Meter Reader in years. Hope one doesn't turn up on our doorstep, he'll have a job finding our meter, I removed it years ago.....LOL!!!!

U6 meter for sale....£20

BG also supply our copper tube, bundles & bundles of it..!!!

Thanks BG, we luv you.....LMFAO!!!!

What's blue & sleeps two??
A BG Kangoo!!!

Anyone know a BG CPS that does any work??

wheeee, it's the BG are ****s merry-go-round season again!

anyone want to call any of the other suppliers ****s or are we going to do the "i believe everything the press writes" mantra again?

it really is quite tiresome. i love the questions and abuse i get from the pubic (spelt properly) at this time of year.....as if i have an influence on prices. :rolleyes:

p.s. any BG employees home at 4:30 are trying too hard.

I have never needed to work for BG so I dont know their hours or terms.

However the standard office hours are 9-5 and so if they start at 0830hrs it does not sound too unreasonable if they are back by 1630 if they live in their working area.

But I did smile during the snow when I drove to a customer and passed a BG van on a driveway all covered with snow which clearly had not been used for several days at a busy time of year!

Tony

Yeah heaven forbid the guy was on holiday or his 5 rest day period as you say you dont know a jot of BG procedures

Biggest bunch of skivers on God`s earth :rolleyes: I went with a couple of Plumbers to disenfect the water system @ a "depot" in a seaside city years ago - It was like a frigging all day social club :rolleyes: Us plumbs thought we had a relatively easy number with our firm - But those Gas Jokers really took the **** :rolleyes: In fact we agreed that we`d actually get bored doing so bloody little .

Story in the papers today; 71YO OAP just been sent a Gas Bill for £21K!!!??
From these nice people at BG.

Another story saying they're importing 80% of gas consumed in the UK. Makes you think; what are all the useless CPSs going to do when we're all heating our homes with leccy?? Most BG CPSs couldn't put a nut in a monkey's mouth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back