kitchen downlights cable size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a single pendant which i wish to convert to 5 x 12v 50w downlights for my kitchen . Could someone please advise me what cable size i need to go from light to light
The distance between each light is about 1.2 meters.
I have 20-60va transformers loop in loop out.
Is there a formula for this kind of thing.

Sponsored Links
I have a single pendant which i wish to convert to 5 x 12v 50w downlights for my kitchen .
Is 250W more, or less than you currently have?

If it's more (as I suspect), don't you think that the fact that you will need more points to a problem?

Those lights are actually deliberately designed to not light up rooms, so trying to use them for that purpose is not a good idea.

Also, if you are in England or Wales do you know that you need to get Building Regulations approval for this work, before you start?

Could someone please advise me what cable size i need to go from light to light
The distance between each light is about 1.2 meters.
I have 20-60va transformers loop in loop out.
Is there a formula for this kind of thing.
There is: http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/Charts/VoltageDrop.html

Sponsored Links
Those lights are actually deliberately designed to not light up rooms, so trying to use them for that purpose is not a good idea.

This is an opinion, so feel free to ignore it.

Also, if you are in England or Wales do you know that you need to get Building Regulations approval for this work, before you start?

This however, is the law.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back