Belfast sink Plumbing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the ideal setup for the waste pie to belfast sink connection? I have install the standard waste system but it leaks! :?:

Sponsored Links
Loads of Plumbers Mait and preferable a lead washer on the bottom.

tsk tsk lead washers you know it should be a poly washer, :LOL:

They only used lead 46 years ago!

This poster says he fitted a "waste pie" whatever that is.

It is not always appreciated that there is a unique size of waste fitting for Belfact sinks. When that is used it should fit as easily as any other.

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
They only used lead 46 years ago!

This poster says he fitted a "waste pie" whatever that is.

It is not always appreciated that there is a unique size of waste fitting for Belfact sinks. When that is used it should fit as easily as any other.

Tony Glazier

Not fitted many Belfast sinks then Tony :LOL:

Most of them the nut is smaller then the hole :confused:

Does anyone know the difference between a Belfast sink and a London pattern :LOL: :LOL:

London does not have the overflow "bump" running down the side.

Whats all this nut & washer stuff, I usually fit Villeroy & boch ones that take a standard 90mm basket strainer waste. Plenty of plumbers mate around the top part as the ceramics are quite often slightly distorted, the rubber washer takes care of the joint underneath.

Jason

Jasonb said:
London does not have the overflow "bump" running down the side.

Whats all this nut & washer stuff, I usually fit Villeroy & boch ones that take a standard 90mm basket strainer waste. Plenty of plumbers mate around the top part as the ceramics are quite often slightly distorted, the rubber washer takes care of the joint underneath.

Jason

wrong way round Jason the Irish one does not have the overflow

The one thing I do know is that a belfast sink has an over flow bump!!
I have plumbers mait & a nylon washer know!! will i need to use silicone sealant aswell? What do I use to tighten up the huge nut without buying a huge spanner?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back