FAO BG guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mate posted this on a forum i go on, can you help if hes covered or not please??

Thanks in advance

my bird thought she could smell gas last night, then again tonight, so called out british gas who said we have a bad leak on our fire, hes turned all the gas off because he can't do **** all else as the leak has been isolated to a pipe which is behind the marble surround of the fire place, which is cemented to the wall.

I'm going to try and get the marble off tommorrow, and just wondered how big a job the gas fix would be, british gas are not able to confirm if we are covered for it with their Homecare 400 cover because their systems are down until in the morning.

Sponsored Links
Why does no one read terms and conditions of contracts they take out?
Just read them and you may find your answer,as I suspect Homecare 400 may cover you for repair/replacement of gas supplies(don't quote me).It may be possible to re run the fire supply rather than pull the place apart.

gas pipe is covered for leaks on 400. any decorations are your responsibility but BG may pay if they are negligent in removing any fixings.

take the marble off yourself as T+C's or not i wouldn't remove it if i turned up, we simply don't get time for that kind of nonsense.

Aye as above HC 400 covers gas pipe repairs.

Suspect transco turned of the gas, not BG as the call centre reroute gas emergencies straight to transco.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back